Dental crowns have been an integral part of restorative dentistry for several years – but it hasn’t been convenient for patients until very recently.
Traditional crowns used to require two or more appointments and left patients with a temporary crown in the meantime. Now, on the same day you come in with a weak or broken tooth, you can leave the dental chair with a beautiful restoration.
Thanks to the easy convenience of same-day crowns in Marietta, you can quickly get the confidence of your full smile back.
CEREC Same-Day Crowns
Same-day crowns aren’t just an easy solution for patients with packed schedules. Crowns are a reliable option for patients needing a more protective treatment than a filling. A same-day crown is received in just one trip to the dentist.
The permanent, custom crown is crafted with advanced in-office CEREC technology. In no time at all, your same-day crown can be designed, fitted, and placed.
How Same-Day Crowns Work
The entire process for same-day crowns takes about an hour. In one single visit, you can get a custom-made restoration crafted and permanently placed. The process for same-day crowns is as follows:
- After your tooth has been prepared for a dental crown placement, digital x-rays are taken to ensure precision when creating the crown.
- Using a digital model of your tooth, the crown is designed and then milled into a permanent crown using CEREC technology.
- Next, the crown will be placed over your tooth. This step is to ensure correct fit and prevent discomfort while you bite or chew.
- When your dentist is certain the crown fits well, it will then be bonded to your natural tooth.
A Lasting Solution
Same-day crowns can last patients who diligently maintain good oral hygiene for anywhere from ten to twenty years. Here are a few ways you can keep your same-day crown in good condition:
- Brush twice a day and floss daily to remove plaque and food debris from your teeth and gums
- Maintain your regularly scheduled appointments for dental cleanings to ensure your teeth are healthy
- Be careful when eating sticky treats as they can be dangerous for your teeth. Extremely sticky foods like caramel and taffy can accidentally cause your crown to dislodge.
With regular care, your same-day crown can keep you smiling brightly for years to come.
If you’re interested in having your smile restored in just one visit, please give our office in Marietta a call to schedule an appointment today! You can also request an appointment online to learn more about how CEREC same-day crowns in Marietta can make a difference for your smile.