Do you have multiple missing teeth making it tough to chew or bite? Is your smile worn down, with chipped or broken teeth? Are you experiencing frequent headaches, jaw pain and other TMJ symptoms?
If you can relate to any of those, then a full mouth reconstruction can help improve your overall dental health. Moreover, the procedure can also give you a smile that makes you feel great about how you look.
A full mouth reconstruction works to revive the look of your teeth and improve the way they function. This is because the look, function and structure of your smile are all affected by one another.
What is a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
A full mouth reconstruction can involve multiple cosmetic and restorative procedures. The object is to correct underlying issues of your dental health that can compound and cause other problems over time.
If you have a broken tooth, for example, that can cause a problem with your bite - which can lead to difficulty chewing and put strain on your teeth, causing neck and jaw soreness.
Am I an Ideal Candidate for a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
If you have missing or broken teeth, experience chronic jaw pain or get headaches and muscle tenderness frequently, it’s likely that you will benefit from full mouth reconstruction.
Ideal full mouth reconstruction candidates may experience:
- Several chipped, missing or broken teeth
- Chronic jaw pain
- Popping or clicking of the jaw
- Migraines, headaches, back/neck pain and muscles tenderness
Bringing your smile back to proper function and health requires careful planning. After a complete examination, your dentist can walk you through a detailed treatment plan that covers every phase of your procedure.
Reconstruction Treatments and Procedures Involved
Restorative procedures typically include the removal of all your old dental work (such as crowns, fillings, and veneers) and the placement of all new dental work designed to create a new bite.
A full mouth reconstruction can include a variety of procedures, such as:
- CEREC Crowns – Beautiful, natural-looking and durable crowns with CEREC technology mean no more messy trays and multiple dental visits!
- Dental Implants – Custom, fixed dentures made to fit full mouth restorations permanently.
- Porcelain Veneers – Veneers are ideal for correcting misshapen, chipped or broken teeth.
- Teeth in a Day – Total dental restorations can often take months and require several dentist visits, but ‘Teeth in a Day’ allows patients to get their smile back in just one appointment.
If you think mouth reconstruction is right for you, talk to your dentist. Schedule a consultation or call (770) 321-5558 to find out which procedures you’ll need to restore your teeth and mouth.